Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Holding in my center, all that is dear



This space is about my journey toward depth and integration as a wife and mother of two. Before marriage and motherhood, I felt content in my times alone and experienced fulfillment and a great deal of peace in my spirituality and practice of prayer. In many senses, I was alone and able to control a lot of what occured in my day and my sense of peace was immaturely based on a solitary experience of reality.

The topsy-turvy whirlwind of creating my own family and nurturing my marriage has challenged my previously centered self. My days have often felt off- balance and overloaded.

So, in creating this blog, my hope is to flesh out my thoughts regarding my experience as wife and mother, learning as I go and offering whatever wisdom I've encountered along the way. Many of my close friends are beginning this journey alongside me. Some have crossed through to the otherside and are generous with their encouragement and matured strength and sense of peace. And others are navigating and preparing for the journey to begin. I have been blessed to walk this portion of the way with them. It is in these relationships and shared yearnings that I have neared a place of contentment and peace once again.

As always, I enjoy dialogue and hope this becomes a comfortable nook where honest thoughts can settle and expand and further enlighten our (extra) ordinary days as women in this era.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Greetings Mama!

I have just come upon your blog and what a find it is! I love the language you use in describing your journey as a spiritual being---it is quite refreshing and inspiring. Just as you suggested, while my boy is down for a nap I have made myself a cup of Raspberry Leaf tea am looking forward to reading more. Thanks!

Peace & Blessings,

Rachel